Join Now! Join Now!

Monday, June 16, 2014

The Secondlife vs Imvu Battle



What is a virtual world? A virtual world is much like a MMO, only it's bigger than a MMO. more people can fit into an area that you may be in, its usually in the form of 3d environments and users are usually in the form of an avatar that you may use to interact with other users.
How is a 'Virtual world' different than an MMO?
Well, an MMO or Massive Multiplayer Online is usually a game, and is usually 9 times out of 10 a role playing game where your avatar maybe a warrior and you and your friends go out and hunt down an ogre king or something to fulfill a quest.

make sense? I hope so.




Queens Get Money.
this is an acceptable look on IMVU. Although most of the cyber bullying has subsided on IMVU.


IMVU has appeal to many because of its easiness and accessibility. The viewer or IMVU chat software itself that you download to get into this world is just about as compatible with any windows computer. Even the computers that don't have too much power or maybe a poor graphics card or whatever.

 It is fairly easy to go into shop, find something you like, try it on and then buy and find it inventory and put it on. One of the pluses is that IMVU products in your inventory looks just the like shop in the viewer.







Inventory
Shop

 It's mainly a picture of the item you want to wear! which means, it's ok if you don't know the name of an item, if it isn't hidden then you will be able to find it in your inventory and wear it. Also with IMVU's chat now feature you can find people to chat with much quicker. A lot more quicker than Secondlife? Considering that Secondlife is a larger scale environment and not just rooms and such... then yes. Just log in, click chat now, and boom! instant person to chat with. Even though some people may just look at your avi and click the nice fat 'x' on their screen to not talk with you. but there is rude people like that in every virtual or real world. However, IMVU does sell 'perks' or Upgrades to help enhance your experience in the universe.
Shoutout to the avis in this photo. I do not own this photo or
anything of IMVU.
 



Vip--  So many options are available to VIPs now. Like the option to create products, the option to shop with another buddy, the option to be on leaderboards in IMVU's mix and match up game Walk-off, and the option to reorganize their inventory; or at least add a special category in which they put all of their favorite clothes and accessories in. Yeah, we both know that is what they do. They get special animations that prevent and humiliate other avatars that decide its ok to try to punch or hug a VIP. I am constantly getting the 'no-huggie slide' done to me, so I have learned to just emote a hug.
Also VIPs get a monthly allowance of 5k added to their Credits chamber to shop for clothes,music,furniture,etc. The choice of what you do is up to you.

Ap-- A.P. stands for Access Pass. For those of you who thought it stood for Adult pass. Well, you have it wrong. Access Pass does just what it says, allows access for certain things such as M-rated animations, M-rated rooms and clothing. In some cases; the clothing is a little adult rated as well. However, rest assured, IMVU only gives these passes to those who pay for it online, with credit card. To ensure that the customer is 18 or over. I don't have all the details of that but it is one way that IMVU tries to only allow 18+ to get these 'passes.'


Shared Room and Marriage Package-- Yes. Even on IMVU you can get married, have children and even now get that dream house that you have always dreamed of. Or you could always just get the shared room and share it with a girl/boy friend and have fun decorating it. With the Marriage package you get just that and a tad bit more to make it official. You get a badge that says your 'married' and on your profile a link to the person/avatar they are married to. You gets an engangement/wedding ring, so the person can of course propose; and when they do propose and you say yes. everyone in your friends' list gets a wedding announcement. (this is because I have a lot of friends who have gotten married in IMVU, yet my avatar can't find anyone >.<)

Name Registration &New Name-- To me, this is more of an alter upgrade and you need to at least 'buy your name' or Register your avatar name to even begin to think of what name to change your avatar's name to. So let's say your name is Guest_SucksButt. You would hate that name right? Or Guest_Fartymcfarts, and you wanted to change your name from something like those two into something cooler like.... AkashaQueen or KingTutTatted. (idk, these are usually what people change their name to, or they do something stupid like call themselves 'Confvs3d' or something) however, you cannot just go and buy a new name without first buying your old on. Meaning removing the Guest_  off of it. Once you do that, you are eligible for a name change and then you can change it to that fabulous name you wanted.

Badge Canvas--- This is new to the upgrades of IMVU, and quite honestly. I don't know what the f** I should do with that. I just know that I won't buy it, but that is just me. Anyways, it is just as the name suggests. It is a canvas for those who love to collect the IMVU Badges that other IMVU'ers made to either express themselves or promote their page... I just think it's used to express themselves farther but I could be wrong. After all there could be a badge club I never knew about before. who knows?

Now that  have went through all of the charms of IMVU, let's head over to Secondlife.


Secondlife. From the moment I saw an ad on it in the google search, and then one of my friends quitting IMVU after getting aquainted with this Secondlife I had decided it was time that I also visited this world myself.

First impression, "EWWW, the avatars look soo ugly! and I mean FUGLY!" and I immediately logged back out unwilling to try giving another chance. However, as more people from my friends list talked about it and I saw the attractive avatar picture on the Secondlife.com website, I was willing o give it another chance. After all, my "ugly avatar" was also a "Noob" avatar. Also, yes I called myself a Noob, Noobs are people who are new to an experience they know little or nothing about. We are all at some point, Noob/Newbs.

Anywho, I immersed myself back into the world of Secondlife.  At first, it was rocky. I had no idea how to get to the main areas where people talked, had no idea where shops were, and at some point got frustrated because I couldn't figure out how to pull up my inventory or put on clothes that made me feel less like a newb. When you are new, you are sent to a landing area at which is supposed to help you get a feel of what it is like to navigate Secondlife or SL. However, for me it was just frustrating at first because although I could move I had no idea where I was going or what laid ahead but I followed some arrows that I assumed led to the way out and it did.
Fortunately, a lot of people in Secondlife are actually nice. Nicer to the newbies than IMVU had been. With help, they told me how to open inventory, find things in it,and wear clothes and objects. Also, how to take it off. I was amazed that I could take off all my clothes. Every. Little. Piece. Showing my avatar's booty and breasts. (I walked around naked just for the sheer fun of it, until I got ejected because the sim/parcel I was on was rated 'G'.)

 Once you get the Basics of how to do all of those things. SL becomes just as good as IMVU, and in my case, it felt better.

  • You got to walk around. One of the things that I didn't like about IMVU was the fact that my avatar couldn't walk. She transported herself from spot to spot using 'dots' in which could put her in any animation and I wouldn't know which animation it was until I clicked on it.(imagine trying to sit down and there is a dot next to someone seemingly sitting,you click it, and your thrown into a laying on this person's lap animation, URGH!) I fell deep in love with the navigation that if I wanted to sit on a couch or floor or edge of some object then I could. Something that wouldn't be possible with IMVU unless there was a 'dot'.

  • You can voice, that is optional, however I was told that IMVU used to allow voices but then took it away. With this feature, Secondlife allows those who can sing or those with erotic sounding voices to earn some linden (virtual currency of secondlife) very easily.

  • Secondlife is lively, up to more than just 10 avatars in a place at once! this is for some serious fun events. Hell, you could even start up a fan club. Let's say that you like BGC's or Bad Girl's Club that shows on Oxygen. Secondlife would be the ideal setting to have it at. especially to capture the animations of fighting, expressions, and of course real cast voices from actual people like you.
Secondlife partying ! Look @ all the people!


  • Not to mention. It is fun to shop. Does it require more ripping and teleporting everywhere for certain things? yes. Although it is not as easy to open up shop in a different window, rather you HAVE to teleport to the shop itself in this virtual world but of course it is optional. The other option that is easiest is to open up secondlife.com  and go to the shopping tab in the top center of the webpage and select marketplace. Sounds easy enough right?


Now with all that is being said about both Virtual world environments I am guessing that you want my opinion. Is Secondlife the Best? Does IMVU kill it? Well, It is simply in the matter of choices and preferences.

If you don't have a strong enough computer for secondlife or any of its other third-party viewers such as: FireStorm, Singularity, Restrained Love, Catzip, Black Dragon and etc. then perhaps you may want to satisfy that craving for a virtual world by visiting the easy, assessable IMVU.

If you don't have the patience for learning how to do things in a new environment, then off to IMVU.

If you don't have a lot of time and just be wanting very quick chats when do have the time to spare, then visit IMVU.


However,

If you are looking for immersive world with possibilities in which you could roleplay as a dog or witch (if roleplaying is your main thing) then take a walk with me to Secondlife

If you can take and follow directions and have the patience to learn then walk to Secondlife.

If you have time on your hands and just want a place where you can escape and be someone entirely different if you wanted to, then come make an avatar at Secondlife.


The Choice is Yours...

and please leave comments to show where you stand in all of this





















2 comments:

  1. Can you please do a dedicated comparison between imvu and avakin life like you did for second life? Ive been looking everywhere and noone has done one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IMVU has people on there trying to steal other people's credits and such. The people doing that will send you a message to a link that steals your IMVU stuff. I have not had anything like that happen in Second Life since I joined Second Life. Imvu sends you messages about credit sales and other things on sale which you cannot opt-out of. Imvu puts Guest in front of your name and keeps it that way until you use real money to buy a name registration token which lets you get rid of Guest in front of your name. Imvu does not let you change your display name. In other words, the name you choose when you signed up for IMVU is the name you are stuck with unless you buy a name change token or a Premium Name. The stuff in Second Life looks better than what IMVU has.
    I did not mention when I said that IMVU sends you messages about credit sales and other things on sale is that a lot of your will messages be that. The way IMVU spams you with messages for credit sales and other things on sale got me to think that IMVU is hard up for cash or is just greedy. I forgot to mention that in Second Life you change the way your avatar height is without buying another avatar. You can also in Second Life change the appearance of your avatar to some degree without having to buy a new avatar just by editing the shape of your avatar. Second Life lets you update the outfits you have saved that way you can add new things to that outfit or remove things from that outfit and then save that outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog